Has anyone tried the BlueSea 7718 Contactor?

• I've got a Tyco 500amp contactor and that takes power to stay closed. I was going to look into bi stable latching relay to reduce standby power when I came across the 7718. This appears to be a standard normally open, but function like a bi stable latching relay:

https://www.bluesea.com/products/7718/Solenoid_ML_12V

• For applications where sustained control signals are needed to emulate a Normally Open relay with a lower current draw
    • Coil Function Auto-Releasing
      Mounting #10
      Amperage Operating Current 8mA when OFF
      13mA when ON
      Amperage Operating Current when changing state <7A (40 ms)
      Terminal Stud Torque 140 in-lb (15.82 Nm)
      Continuous Rating  500A

Curious if anyone has tried this with the REC, mainly the precharge module (I've got the older model, but it should function the same).

• Matt, the Tyco EV200 series relay incorporates an economizer circuit which allows the relay to pull in hard and fast with a high current, then pull back to a few milliamps to hold it in.  We recommend this approach over a bi-stable relay as they are a "fail to last position", not a "fail-safe" contactor, and with only a few watts of energy being used, I think it is worth it.

From the specs here it seems the BlueSea unit here is using a similar concept, but seems to require power even when in the "off" state.

Tyco Ev200 specs