REC Master9M with new REC2Q Slave Units - Cable from Master to 1st Slave: which cable colour goes where

• A few weeks ago I received 1 REC Master 9M and 3 of the new REC2Q Slave units for a 12V 3 parallel bank installation directly from REC in Slovenia.

They also included the RS485 cable from the Master9M to the 1st REC2Q slave.

This cable has the female DB9-Sub plug on one end and 6 differently coloured cables with the pins already crimped to insert these pins at the RS485 in on the 1st slave at the pins 4,5,6,12,13,14 on the TE Connectivity 14pole plug (TE 749202-1).

My problem is: No matter how often I read the available manuals (I know they are in revision due to the new REC2Q's) I can't find out which pin on the Master9M DB9-Sub carries which cable (RS485 Signal A, RS485 Signal B, GND, Shield, +5V and +5V BMS enable from Master).

Anyhow I found out by measuring conductivity which pin on the DB9-Sub female goes to which cable colour:

Pin 1: Black cable

Pin 2: Gray cable

Pin 3: Green cable

Pin 4: Yellow cable

Pin 5: not used

Pin 6: Pink cable

Pin 7: not used

Pin 8: not used

Pin 9: White cable

But this doesn't help me as I still don't know the pinout on the Master9M DB9-Sub male.

I already wrote Tine at REC directly and he sent me a reply. He wrote:

"RS485 Communication:

Master-Slave communication

Master:

DB9 Slave

1 shield

2 GND RS485

3 B

4 A

6 RS485 5V power "

So this are only 5 cables or pinouts but I have 6 cables on the other side.

I'm interpreting this as if the white cable on pin 9 was missing in his pinout and this must be the cable for +5V BMS enable by Master in a Master-Slave configuration.

Can anybody here confirm that my following assumption is right ?

Maybe this will help also all other users who have the new Master-Slave combo....

Assumption:

Pin 1: Black cable = Shield

Pin 2: Gray cable = GND

Pin 3: Green cable = RS485 Signal B

Pin 4: Yellow cable = RS485 Signal A

Pin 6: Pink cable = +5V RS485

Pin 9: White cable = +5V enable REC2Q Slave from Master

Do you think my assumptions are correct ?

Thank you everyone for your your help.

Kind regards.

Martin

• We did this sketch a while back for our customers.  Hope it helps

REC BMS Master-Slave Pinout