REC Active BMS Wifi Module - Missing Pages After Firmware Upgrade

• Recently upgraded the firmware of my 1.2 version of the Wifi module. All was smooth and went well, however after the upgrade while I can still see the homescreen, I cannot see the firmware page (nothing loads). Additionally, I can't see anything on the voltage or impedance pages.

Any suggestions?

• A few thing to try.

Did you restart the WiFi unit.

Did you restart the BMS.

Did the WiFi unit after repower/reset show up under WiFi devices on your phone?

• I did restart the WiFi unit, and it did show up on the WiFi devices after restarting. I was able to reconnect to it and I was able to see all the BMS detail on the home screen. However I was not able to access the other pages or the firmware page.

I restarted the BMS (twice) and now I'm getting an "SD Card Problem" notification on the home page of the Wifi setup.

• I'm not sure or you have followed the correct procedure with uploading the firmware files but anyway at this point I suggest another method to update the firmware.

1. try the reset button from WiFi unit. Press it for 20 second.

Some settings will maybe reset to factory settings.

1 There is a second method to update the firmware from WiFi unit.

Open the WiFi device, take out the SD card.

Store logfiles on a laptop if needed.

Do a new format on the SD card.

Copy the files on a the SD card.

Reinstall SD card. And power device

• Jamie, Ben is right, it looks like your upgrade did not get properly installed.  I have found it can take hours for the update to process.   We have tried to document that in several places and I think you may have reset your system in the middle of an upgrade and caused a file problem.  You need your SD card working to do an upgrade.  It first gets installed to the card, then very slowly it seems, it is transferred to the microprocessor.

At this point you need to remove and reformat the card, using a standard FAT format, then you can either download it again, or just copy it to the root directory of your SD card.  Turn it and leave it for 3-6 hours, then power cycle and leave it again, then power cycle and all should be good.

• Thanks for the reply. I made it down to the boat this evening, and removed and formatted the SD card though made sure to save the log files .

After reinstalling the card, I logged on to the Wi-Fi module and no changes - still getting a SD card error.

Next I reset the module using the reset button, and logged in to the generic access point address. I received a no BMS found message which is not unusual as the BMS doesn't use the default communication addresses in the Wi-Fi module for some reason. I tried to look in the firmware tab so I could adjust these settings and connect to the BMS, however the firmware tab would not load. Every other page would load at some point, giving me the no BMS found message or something like it. However, despite trying to reset the module several times, I was never able to get the firmware page to appear.

I followed the firmware updating instructions on page 22 of the manual, and it didn't say anything about waiting hours for the update to complete. It just mentioned waiting until the process was done and then moving forward.

What would be the next step here? I'm assuming I might need to repair/replace the Wi-Fi module? Hopefully under warranty?

• Hello Jamie,

Could you try with another SD card.

Format the card.

Have both files copied in the root from SD card:

update.bin and spiffs.bin file.

I never had a device that didn't reboot correctly when follow this.

• Thank you. I will give this a try the next time I'm at the boat.

Is there anything else I should try if this does not work? I live about 45 to 60 minutes away from the boat, so I'm not able to visit it every day to work through these troubleshooting steps.

Being able to work through multiple steps each visit would be helpful.

• Reporting back... I followed the latest instructions, and they worked perfectly.

WiFi module is running smoothly now.

THANK YOU!!

• Good that it is solved.  Maybe in my earlier post ""copy"" the files was not clear enough.

• Yep... I was confused.

To share my confusion in a way which may help others... when I originally removed the SD card for reformatting, I only found Log files on it. There were no other configuration files on the card. So when I reformatted it, I returned it blank to the Wifi module.

When this failed to work, I removed and formatted the SD card again, but this time copied the update.bin and spiffs.bin from the latest firmware post onto the card before reinstalling it into the Wifi module. This immediately worked. The startup took a couple of minutes however after this delay the unit broadcast the AP signal I logged on and saw the firmware was up to date and all pages worked well.

So this was definitely my confusion. Sorry for the extra work Ben.