REC ABMS with split bus firmware - how to specify different discharge and charge temps?

• Topic says it all.  I have a REC ABMS running latest 2.92-2 firmware for a split bus.

Batteries are 4s4p 280Ah cells.

The charge side is using a pre-charge 3.0 module which controls a Blue Sea contactor.  Charge temp is set to 3C and above in the ABMS settings.

The discharge side controls a Victron 220A battery protect.

Everything works properly except being able to specify a lower temp to enable discharge.  Right now at below 3C both sides disconnect.

I want to run the discharge down to -10C as still inside the cells "safe" range.  

• @John a probably solution is to use output: relay1 and opto2.

Under task you can make different settings. See screenshot from task menu.

• We are going to need to get REC head office to give us some input on this one.  They are closed until the new year but by way of this post I am letting them know.

Any ideas on this one Tine?

Thanks,

Rick

@Tine Andrejasic 

• @Rick Thanks!  I was going to email them directly but knew it was holiday season so tried this forum.  Happy holidays!

• Hello John,

Did you try to set in task, "7" on, for the charge bus.

Load bus, I expect don't switch off at that temperature.    It don't solve all your question, but the system will work better then when switch off both.

• Charge current is only set to 0 A when the temperature goes under the Under-temperature for charging. Contactors are ON unless you select them in the TASKS for the charge relay 1.