Possibly bricked BMS after latest firmware update from Tine. bms_1A_Victron_v2_93_2_tasks_WORK.bin

• If anyone read my last post I had some issues getting my Rec Active BMS functional after replacing my Nation's alternator. Thanks to Rick's advice of checking my BMS fuses, it started working again. Although the fuses were all working properly, I think removing them allowed the BMS to reset itself. I emailed Tine at REC at the same time I posted here about my issue who recommended I install a new working beta firmware update. Well, the update installed fine, but my BMS is possibly bricked. Wifi AP still works but it can't find the BMS. All my contactors relays are off and I don't have any power. 

Does anyone know how to revert back to the original firmware or is there some manual way to enter any kind of safety mode to try and install the older firmware. I emailed Tine, but haven't heard back from him and we're days away from a big van trip. Thanks!

• @W 

Maybe get back to the old firmware by using an old thrumb drive.

• I don't have the rs485 to usb cable, but will likely have to purchase it.@Rick-admin , do you think this would work to reinstall an older version of the firmware? Tine still hasn't responded to my issue and I'm leaving early next week. All I have is an unresponsive bms that has a slow red blink. No audible alarm. Everything was working fine before the new firmware install. 

• I havent come across this issue so I cant help right away.  It may be you need to get around the bootloader to re-install it, but that is something only the folks at REC could do, or us with a bit of REC direction.  If you are getting close to a deadline I might suggest you grab a 2nd unit as a spare/backup.  We could likely get it shipped out today for you if you order before 11 EDT.  We dont like to profit from this type of thing so here is a discount code you can use.  Its only valid for today.  REC-A-REPLACE

https://ogm-energy.com/products/rec-active-bms

• Thank you so much for the offer of assistance, @Rick-admin ! I did end up grabbing a spare bms from ebay for a good deal. Tine did get back to me though and offered up a fix that requires the PC software and RS485 connection, which I don't possess. Don't love having to purchase those items when he sent me the bad firmware update, which has already forced me to buy another bms to make my trip, but such is life. Looking really hard at the Lynx BMS and new Victron Smart Batteries that are compatible with the Wakespeed system, but it's a bit pricey for now. 

• Just did the same mistake... 

@W did you get any instructions on how to fix? I have cable and the pc program.

• @Sturla I was able to reload the previous firmware update throught the cable and software. Tine got back to me and said I should have been able to re-install with the wifi module, but I could never get it to connect to the BMS.