REC BMS supported inverters

• REC is continually adding new CANBus inverter support. They are also committed to extending that support, so if you have a CANBus enabled inverter and can get a hold of the PGN and protocol for interfacing please get back to us about including your inverter in the growing list.   REC does not support RS485 integration at this time.  The RS485 network is for connecting multiple REC BMS\'s in a large system and driving local LCD displays. As of Feb 2022 the list now includes:
    • Victron
    • SMA SI
    • SolaX
    • Solis
    • Studer
    • Goodwe
    • TBB
    • Growatt

• Hi Rick,   Are any off the shelf (from offgrid) communication cables available for the Growatt inverters?   Thanksm

• Hi Fred, From what I could find the Growatt uses the same pinout as the SMA cable but I have a msg into head office just to confirm.

• Head office confirmed that the Sunny CANbus cable is the same pinout as the Growatt inverter

• Hi, I have a Sungrow SH10RT inverter and purchased a Master Slave REC configuration. One Master and three Slaves for a 48S Li-NMC Configuration which is at the end 170-180 Volt for the high voltage inverter. The Sungrow Inverter recognizes BYD Battery Packs or Pylontech Battery Packs. However, it does not recognize my REC master via the CAN bus now. So most likely you have a matching firmware already. Could you share or sent the right firmware version for the maser device please? Thanks a million.

• Sounds like a nice system Stefan.  The firmware is keyed to your Masters serial number, so that has to come from REC head office.  You will need to contact tine@rec-bms.com along with your Master serial number and they will send you an updated bin file with the driver you need.

• Hi All . , finally got around to hooking up by batteries, however i have hit a roadblock. i have a Sofar ME-3000SP inverter , this has a CAN connection, problem is that it uses a RJ11 connection . the supplied cable with rec bms as db9 to rj45 , the sofar unit has rj11 to rj45 . so i thought maybe a female rj45 would work . but no..... anyone using one of these ? or any suggestions as to how to proceed . Thanks JOhn

• Here is the DB9 pinout from the BMS.  Just grab a DB9 connector, a 120 ohm resistor and a phone patch cord and you should be able make one. Keep in mind that there are no standard CANBus protocols for inverters so make sure that yours is compliant with one of these protocols and check to see which one you have, as you may need a firmware swap to convert it to interface with other inverters. Inverter list:    https://rec-bms-na.com/rec-bms-updated-inverter-support-list/