Current pulsing

• Hi all Any idea why my alternator output would pulse??? Dropping the current from 100A to 60A and then back up to 100A. I have current set the max charge current to 100A until I get some new cable. Attached is a photo of the charge profile. Is there anyway if knowing if this is caused by the Wakespeed or the REC BMS?? Thanks for any help offered.

• Its probably caused by the BMS, but we cant tell by looking at that graph. I believe you can get the \"max charge current\" graph from the BMS up there as well. A-BMS FW 2.8  and WS500 FW2.5 should help some. Tuning your BMS settings also improves things.   I find it better to limit the alternator using the Field% limit in WS500. Then you can set the charge current higher in the BMS.. but not more than the battery can handle ofcourse.

• If you use the graph on the first page of the ws500 config tool you can click on any one of the 4 chart inputs on the left and display any parameter coming from the AST string.  I would suggest adding alternator temperature, field, battery volts to the chart.  If you have the pro version you can log all of this and replay it later or export it to an Excel chart.  That should help with trouble shooting.  Also set up your REC wifi module to log the battery parameters.  Watch for the field, if it stays at 100 pct it will likely be a load cycling It could be one of several things causing it to pull back including alternator temperature, battery temperature, a high cell, changing loads, etc