Error in WiFi FW 1.62-12

• While going through and regression testing WiFi FW 1.62-12 after an upgrade, I discovered that the temperature settings on the Settings page cannot be properly set when the option dropdown is set to"F".  Attempting to input 35° F for Tmin accepts it but then returns a readback value of 95°!!  Similarly for other values.  And it really is set to 95, and not just a display error, as the BMS immediately throws a "too cold to charge. Temp below Tmin." error.

The only way I found to successfully change a temperature was to change the option back to Centigrade "C", input the equivalent desired temp in °C, and then switch options back to "F".

For example, if you wanted 41°F, switch to Centigrade, input 5°C, then switch back to "F" and observe 41°F.

Looks like there's an error in the °F to °C conversion math.

• Thanks for the feedback.  Pushing it on to REC .

@Tine Andrejasic 

• I have further info on the error.  The underlying BMS messages always use °C. Apparently, the values that are input on the page are always being interpreted as °C regardless of the option setting, and inserted into the message unmodified, while the readback values are being converted to °F when that option is selected.

You can easily see this by selecting °F and then setting a value of 0.  It comes back on the readback as 32.  This is because 0°C == 32°F.

• Yes, you are right. IT is a firmware bug. I have tested this in the morning.

If you set it to °F then it gets data from the entry window and sends it directly to the BMS without converting it to °C prior. I have made 1.63 Version with CFVC interval from 0-1, and raise the MAXC, MAXD, CHAC, DCHC and SISN instrictions, also added text to reset the BMS within 60s and wait for the WiFi to upodate the flash for 40s that has to be added sooner or later. Please give me some time to fix this bug. WiFi programmer left REC and now I am learning JavaScript and Arduino from begining.

• REC has fixed this bug in its latest release.  You can find details here.

https://rec-bms-na.com/rec-bms-wi-fi-module-firmware-update-1-6-3-just-released/

• @Rick Thanks for the notice.

@tine Thanks for the quick turnaround.

I have downloaded and installed the new version 1.6.3 (for HW v1.2), and confirmed that the version displayed is now 1.6.3

Unfortunately, the problem persists.  I even made sure to flush the cache on my browser to insure that I picked up the new code.  No luck.  While in F, a 0 still comes back as 32, and a 5 comes back as 41.