WS500 Causing Alternator to Pulse

• Just installed a couple of WS500s on a catamaran. Using the latest FW 2.5.1 with ENABLE_ALT-CAN set to option 18 to use the Victron shunt as the battery shunt. Have alternator shunts installed as well.

When running, the alternator pulses - produces current for a short perios and then drops the current away rapidly. I am unsure as to whether it is dropping the field current first or what is actually causing it. See screenshot attached.

I have been through the entire config and cannot find an issue, ut this is not to say there isn't one. I wonder is it a software glitch in the latest FW???

If I select battery shunt, then the issue goes away, as it thinks that the alternator sshunt is the battery shunt, this of course is not going to be correct, so need to resolve the issue.

Has anyone seen this issue before?

• Lets include Al from Wakespeed on this one.  He may some insight

@Al  

• This subject was raised on another forum also where the OP stated

"I found the issue... It was because I had the alternator capacity configured. This should not be configured as this feature is not yet supported... Will be supported in the next release apparently, when they support DVCC."