2Q firmware update (what happens to settings)

• Does anyone know what happens to the REC BMS settings when the firmware is updated?  And more broadly what happens if the firmware doesn't install properly? Does the firmware carry over settings or is it reset to factory?

Backstory: I accidentally updated the firmware (remotely) and I lost my remote internet connection. I have a Victron BatteryProtect wired into a optocoupler output and had it set to open when battery voltage drops to below 2.9v. It seems that that firmware update reset this setting and the optocoupler is now open (no DC bus, no internet)

• Your settings should be retained and if the new FW version has new parameters they will be set to the standard default value.

After an update the BMS will power cycle so make sure you have the wi-fi module wired direct to the battery side of the saftery contactor.  (It goes into a deep sleep and uses almost no energy)

• Thanks!

• FYI -- the CHRG setting (CAN protocol) gets reset on firmware update and that was the reason I lost communication.