REC and WS500 CAN-based battery current stability

• I\'ve come across information here and there that suggests the WS500 can use REC provided current via CAN.  However, the WS500 documentation says \"Note: If instability is seen with Current Regulation, connect WS500 Current Shunt Sensors to battery current shunt.\" Is there anything that reduces the likelihood of instability with this approach?  If possible I would like to use the WS to monitor alternator current via a separate shunt, but I\'m hesitant given this note.  Is the problem related to the REC sample/update rate (which is pretty slow from my testing)?  If so, is there anything REC can do to increase this rate via firmware? Nate

• You can also try wiring both your REC shunt cable and your WS500 shunt wires to your battery shunt in a WS500 battery centric configuration.

• I am testing with beta firmware and my numbers are all over the place right now, but I will when I can.

• Guys, after a good conversation with Al at Wakespeed I have deleted the last few posts.  He and I reviewed the operational integration and how it all comes together and they have pretty much done away with the term \"Alternator Centric\" in the WS500, so much of what I said no longer applies and I didnt want it posted.  I am going to be working all weekend testing and will share with you an updated reply when I have run it through a few times, and then we can pick up from there. Thanks!

• copy.  look forward to hear what you come up with.