REC-BMS ABMS and Victron with Raspberry PI not Cerbo GX

• Hi, has anyone set up their REC-BMS ABMS with communication with a Raspberry PI instead of the Cerbo GX ?  At the moment I can\'t see how to  get VE.Can comms to the Raspberry PI. thanks in advance  

• You will need a CANBus hat for your RPI or an MCP2515 board powered and connected to the GPIO on the RPI. I set one up years ago, but when you look at the Cerbo with all of its additional IO, relays and buses, it seems a pretty good deal to me.  If I am not mistaken the Venus is based on the BeagleBone, not sure what the Cerbo version uses.

• I\'ve just found the Victron product. Its not surprise  no-one buys them - £523!!! Good grief. They do the community a solid by open sourcing VenusOS, but then price connectivity like that when USB->VE.bus and USB->VE.direct are £20 and £40 respectively. Seems odd. https://www.batterymegastore.co.uk/product/victron-energy-canusb-interface-ass030532010/
    \"but when you look at the Cerbo with all of its additional IO, relays and buses, it seems a pretty good deal to me.\"
    to a degree, but if you don\'t need all those extra buses there\'s no real reason to justify it when a Rpi and 7 inch screen are £80 as compared to a Cerbo GX and GX Touch 70 at £325 and £225 respectively. Of course the USB->VE.can cable price means the Rpi solution is more expensive. I don\'t have the time to mess with the Rpi and canbus hats right now. There do appear to be several CANBUS hats available, but I can\'t yet find any info on them working with VE.Can devices let alone third party devices like the ABMS.

•  If I am not mistaken the Venus is based on the BeagleBone, not sure what the Cerbo version uses.
    Cerbo GX uses Venus OS - the very same version that\'s on the Rpi. :)

• I'm running Venus OS on an RPi4, using the inexpensive Innomaker USB to CAN cable to talk to the REC Active BMS.  Works perfectly.  Available on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09K3LL93Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1