WS500 firmware update problems with STM drivers

• Some customers are having issues with trying to update their WS500 to the new 2.5 firmware. There seems to be two potential issues
    1. the STM driver seems to have issues with USB3 ports and slows down so much it can take hours to install the update
      1. The workaround seems to be to grab a USB2 port adapter
    2. The upgrade utility will either crash or can not find the USB port even though it works fine normally
      1. The fix seems to be to reinstall the STM drivers but  I can not find them on the newWakespeed site and the old link is dead.  I would have expected to find them here in the Support section(Updated Oct 26,2022): https://www.wakespeed.com/product/ws500-advanced-alternator-regulator/#wc-tab-title-support 
      2. Until we find out where they are I was able to dig through my documents and have included a download copy here below.  (Oct 26/2022)
      3. Unzip the file and look for a readme with more instructions
    I have not been able to replicate either of these issues but am reporting some customer feedback that might be helpful   Rick

• The Android App has an function for updating FW. So far i have NOT been able to get this to work. Is there some trick to it?

• Where can I download the latest W500 firmware? Wakespeed instructions say to look at the \"technical\" page on their website.  Did Wakespeed remove access? Also the STM drivers link above does not work... (http://www.wakespeed.com/CU/Driver.zip) Help! -Blaine

• Yes, since they got purchased by Dragon fly they are having some issues.
    I have several calls in to my contacts but haven\'t heard back yet.  As soon as I get it I will post it to the forum.

• Hello all, Yes, some teething issues!  Perhaps to be expected, and including the refreshed Wakespeed.com website this past week. As to Firmware and Drivers, I might suggest downloading the Wakespeed app  for Android and using a OTG cable -- that bypasses many of the issues we have been having with Windows and you can update firmware from the app.  Take a look a the new \'Learn\' section of the Wakespeed website for some how-to videos. OGSS\'s offering  also has an ability to install updated firmware and should have the latest release included. OPE\'s \'Tether\' as well, if anyone has one. The folks at Dragonfly have been informed of missing details on the new Wakespeed website and I expect them to get resolved soon. And for anyone comfortable working with the raw .DFU file, please find it attached.   (@trondarvidrosvik, perhaps contact me directly with details of your Android issue; sadly the iPhone/Android environment is not one seamless thing and sometimes specific releases have issues.  Drop me an Email - which I think you have - and we can pass it on to the dev team). -al-  

• Thanks @al-thomason The 2.5.0 firmware update using your uploaded DFU file was successful on both of my regulators. I used the windows dos command line setup that I previously used for the 2.4.x firmware update, I just swapped out the 2.4 for the new 2.5 and it worked perfectly. -Blaine

• Wonderful, glad to hear.  That is how it is intended to work.  Nice and Simple. -al-