Config file syntax

• Please look the the copy and paste from config file for flooded battery from the WS support page. Note at lines 3 to 8 that there is no coma after the first value. This is unlike in the documentation where there is a coma after the \"7\". Is it a sloppy omission, or the space and the comma are both valid separators for this system syntax? I care since I just modified the config file to my values and installed the unit, but i did not noted the syntax discrepancy and if it matters i have to correct the file and reprogram the unit. Thanks, Stefano # # WS500 Torjan Flooded Battery config file # # Date: 6/2/2020 # # ref: Trojan Battery Users Guide # # 100c alternator # Make sure to install Battery Temperture Sensor and Current Shunt # # Signature Line Flooded (GC2, T-145, T-105, etc) # # # # Torjan Signature Line Flooded $SCA: 0,100,1.00,0.75,0.50,0,0,0,10000,0,0,30,0@ $SCT: 12,2.83,0,0,0@ $CPA:7 14.7,240,10,0@ $CPO:7 0,0,0.0,0@ $CPF:7 13.5,-1,0,-10,0,12.9,50,0.0@ $CPE:7 16.2,0,180,10@ $CPP:7 0,0.0,0,0.0@ $CPB:7 0.030, -9, -45, 45, 0.0, -99, -99, 0, 65@ $SCN: 0,Torjan FLA,1234@ $SCO:7,0.0,0.0,0@  

• Your posted example is correct. I dont see, your mention comma in the manual. As reminder, you are programming profile 7,    7  is not the first parameter. Dont forget to set the dipswitches to profile 7   Ben

• Bi Ben, Thanks for taking a look.  Here is a screen shot with both the text file and the manual with the commas. The same syntax discrepancy is present within the manual\'s Lifeline .txt example. No comma after the number 7 in the code, but there in the annotated syntax line that explains each entry. Also, I could be wrong, and if so I\'d appreciate to be corrected, but I understand that the txt file provides all the information for the WS500 to do it\'s job. I understand this to mean that the txt file overrides the dip switch settings. Thanks, Stefano

• The comma after the custom table 7 or 8 is not required.  If you have a PC and our WS500 config tool you can upload your current parameters and verify they were correctly posted.  Also, when you are downloading new parameters we show you the string that is being sent. With an Android phone and OTG cable you can also send your config to the WS500 but I am not sure if it allows uploads to actually view what was sent

• Hello Steven M, The manual you use is a short version, and indeed not really clear. I have send a comment to Wakespeed to make this chapter more clear. copied from full manual: \"\"$CPA:n <VBat Set Point>, <Exit Duration>, <Exit Amps>,<Reserved>\"\"     As example, it could like this: $CPA:7 14.7,240,10,0@ Explanation: the 7 is charge profile 7,  14.7 the first parameter     $SCO: 7,0.0,0.0,0@ Explanation: the 7 is the first parameter.  This 7 parameter means profile 7 is used, and the dipswitch profile setting is ignored.   Maybe this help you    

• Thanks Ben, This is helpful indeed. Can you please point me to the full manual, if available to the public? I imagine that this OS is not proprietary, but it is new to me and a pointer to where to look for resources would help tremendously.   As you can imagine, I am a little nervous due to the typos sprinkled in the various WS500 documentation and the unresponsiveness of the official support.  However, with your and Rick\'s help I think I am on top of what going on and believe that my profile might be OK after all. Thanks again and best wishes, Stefano  

• Hey Stefano, Not quite sure what is happening with the new company but we have been trying to give them some constructive feedback and fortunately we have a great bunch of people with WS500 experience on this forum that have really helped. Unfortunately when they updated their website they didn\'t do any 301 redirects and many of links are now dead but here is the new link to the full manual you were looking for: https://www.wakespeed.com/wp-content/uploads/Wakespeed-Communications-and-Configuration-Guide-v2.5.0-09.26.2022.pdf    

• Rick, You rock! Thanks! Stefano