difficulty updating the BMS to v2.92.1 using the WiFi module.

• I’m having trouble updating the firmware on a newly purchased Rec Active BMS via a Wifi Module.

The Rec Active BMS is 1A-2024, HW version 2.1,  currently running 2.90-1.   The WiFi Module is HW 2.0.   The system also includes a Pre-Charge module V3.1 that is wired using the “without power consumption” diagram, Figure 4, in the Pre-Charge module documentation.

I successfully updated the wifi module (HW v2.0) to SW 1.6.3  That worked according to the written and video instructions.

I downloaded and extracted the firmware file  bms_1A_Victron_v2_92_1_tasks.bin from the website and uploaded it via the tool on the page provided by the Wifi module, cycled the BMS using the Hibernate switch within 60 seconds, following the instructions, but the software never updates.  I tried uploading the new firmware and waiting for hours without cycling the BMS via the Hibernate switch, that also didn’t work.  I also tried reformatting the WiFi module's SD card, putting the firmware file on it, and starting the BMS.  That didn’t work either.  I’m trying to update to firmware V2_92_1 because I understand that it has improvements in the way it works with a WS500 regulator over CAN, and that is the configuration that I use, with the Rec Active BMS interfaced over Can to two WS500s.

What am I missing?  Do I need to buy the REC PC software with the included RS485 programming cable in order to update the firmware?

• It turns out that I was powering the WiFi module from the switched side of the contactor, and not the pack side.  After fixing that, the update worked perfectly.  Thanks to Rick and Tine for their help.  Stan