Error 10 - Did I bork my BMS?

• So about 9 months after purchasing the REC BMS I finally completed my camper van electrical system and switched everything on and immediately got error 10 on the BMS. I believe this is my fault but I want to confirm this.  The user manual implies but does not say explicitly that it\'s important to connect the cell balancing leads while the wiring harness is not connected to the BMS unit.  This message is made more explicit in the manual for the Q BMS but it is rather vague in the active BMS manual, something I discovered after the error, sadly. Google search indicates that some people have opened up the BMS unit and checked internal fuses which I will do, but I suspect that I really screwed up in having the wiring harness connected to the BMS while I was wiring up the balancing leads on my battery, and may need a new unit.  Can anyone confirm this?

• Hey Jeremy, Its a 50/50 chance and all depends on what cell sequence you connected them in.  For instance, if you connect cell 1 -, then cell 4 +, you have put 13-14 volts on a 5V ADC module, or if you mis-connected them then its likely toast.  Grab a #10 torx and pull out the screws, remove the cover and then pull out the fuses.  They are black and the size of a chick-let.  There may be a couple of spares taped to the bubble wrap on the BMS wrapping. Test them with a multi-meter, replace and hope for the best.  If you get a green LED on re-power you may be alright. If not, contact us for a special replacement discount as we dont like to benefit from this type of mistake.  

• Rick your responsiveness is amazing.  I will check that out and report back.  For what it\'s worth my cell leads were connected in rather random order: 2+, 1+, 3+, 1-, 4+. Thanks!

• Thanks again Rick for confirming that checking the internal fuses was the way to go.  One indeed did blow, got it replaced and everything is working well now.

• My new Active BMS isn't powering up, but unlike the OP, I had connected everything up like in the installation video and checked the voltage to the connector harness before plugging it in. I'm not getting any LED lights. I followed the suggestion of removing the cover and did a continuity test on the fuses, only 2 if them checked out, the other 3 failed. Is there a replacement fuse option? 

• Those fuses protect the highly sensitive ADC circuitry and wires can not be connected or removed when the BMS is connected.  Try replacing the fuses.  You can grab them from an electrical wholesaler or even Amazon and hopefully that will fix the issue.  If not, contact us at support@ogm-energy.com