Connecting REC wifi module to the outside world?

• Is it possible? I am grateful to be able to see the status of my power system using Victron\'s VRM portal. Is there anything like that possible with the REC system or are you limited to your home network?

• Sure, the WiFi module can be configured as a AP (Access Point) or STA(Station) device on your home network.  Then you just need to map it in your home router using port forwarding. Here is a tutorial video that should get you started REC Wifi Tutorial

• I\'ve managed to connect to my home network in no small part thanks to your excellent video. I\'m embarrassed to admit that I\'m not familiar with \"port forwarding\" but I\'ll look it up and see if I can figure it out. Your videos are of great assistance in overcoming some of the short comings of the REC documentation of their otherwise excellent products. Update: It appears that since I use NordVPN I\'m not going to be able to implement port forwarding due to their claim that it creates security issues.

• Thanks for your kind words.  We have several more detailed videos in the works too. Think of port forwarding in old land line terms.  It\'s the same as directing an outside line to ring at a certain extension in the house by adding the extension number you want. For instance if you say your REC wifi is on port 4799, then to connect to it you will need to know your home IP address then add the 4799 to the end, like this.  Http://123.123.123:4799 There are lots of services that make this easier now, but that\'s the basic methodology. Depending on your router this can be way or challenging, so YouTube is likely your best bet.