New, simple install throwing Error 13 and Error 43 codes

• Hello all,

This is my first WS500 install. Steep learning curve but having fun... sort of...

Setup:

• Denso style small case 12 volt 40 amp alternator, modified for external regulation by disconnecting the internal regulator and pulling out the Field (blue) and Stator (yellow) wire. This is for a Onan generator on a sailboat. Installed WS500 to manage alternator and charge 95Ah AGM batteries. This is the first part of the install. Later I will be installing LiFePO4 start batteries but wanted to debug this part of the install first.
    • I ran 9 start/stop cycles on the generator with the WS500. I intermittently saw a combination of runnig fine, “Error 13" and “Error 43”. 

I used my Fluke 189 in fast min/max capture attached to the alternator B+ terminal and the engine ground and and saw a maximum of 19-20 volts in the first few milliseconds of the initial start up phase that settled down quickly. Can I assume that this is due to the WS500 booting up in the first few seconds? Is 20 volts enough to trigger Error 13?

Error 13 #define FC_LOOP_BAT_HIGHV 13 + 0x4000U // Battery Voltage greatly exceeded upper limit, measured by VBat+
      Several times I saw an Error 43 when we powered up the WS500 by plugging in the Tablet and USB cable that did not resolve on its own.
      Error 43 #define FC_NO_VALT_VOLTAGE 43 + 0x8000U. // No voltage has been sensed on the VAlt+ line, blow fuse?
      The wiring and connections all check out ok.

I have have 9 log files. Some are very short. But you will see the Error 13 and Error 43 codes. During the middle of the last run, I turned on Expert mode, which is why I’m guessing the log file in (8) changed for the last half of the log capture.

Should I be blaming the alternator at this point? Diodes having an intermittent issue, or the internal regulator getting into the mix some how. These errors are not following any pattern that I can understand.

• A quick update. After replacing the aging AGM batteries with my new battery made from CALB 230 cells, these errors appear to have been resolved.