reducing startup delay ,15s

• I currently Have 2 WS500 installed and in the app i have set the start-up delay to 15s which it says is the lowest it can go. i have the D+ output of the balmar alternators connected to Lamp of the volvo penta ECU and i get the alarm go off for about 10 seconds until the alternators kick in. my 2 questions are:
    1. if i hard set the value in the config file to less than 15S (say 5sec) then will the WS500 accept it or is 15s the lowest the unit will accept in the hardware?
    2. if I was to use the \"Lamp\" connector on the wiring loom to the Volvo ECU wire will it not give me an alarm during the first 15s of startup?

• Neil,   The low limit for warmup delay is hard coded into the regulator, so even trying to set it manually with puTTY will not help. I am not sure that using the lamp will help you, but maybe Al from Wakespeed will have a solution for you.  I am going to copy him on this reply and hopefully he can help out. @al-thomason

• Thanks I appreciate it, I was worried you were going to say something like that! It\'s an annoyance every time I start both engine to have both alarms sounding for 10 seconds I had the old balmar regulator set to 5 seconds I think which seemed to work well. thanks again fingers crossed Al has some magic that can help 🤞

• Thanks I appreciate it, I was worried you were going to say something like that! It\'s an annoyance every time I start both engine to have both alarms sounding for 10 seconds I had the old balmar regulator set to 5 seconds I think which seemed to work well. thanks again fingers crossed Al has some magic that can help 🤞

• Hello. Sorry for the delay in posting this note:  The 15 second is a min time needed; during startup the WS500 monitors the CAN bus looking for other devices on the same battery; as well as if there is a BMS that should take charge of the charging process placing the WS500 into \'slave\' mode.  This 15 min delay is what is needed in order for the underlying CAN protocol to work. Some \'perhaps\' ideas ...  If the ECU is looking for some type of positive voltage before sounding the alarm -- what happens if you connect that wire to the +12 key-switch instead of D+ output on the alternator?  Does that prevent the early alarm?  Thinking here that maybe this could be connected via a pull=up resistor to the key-switch, and then use the Feature-out wire as a way for the WS500 to signal back into the ECU where there is indeed an error.. Do need some poking here I can tell! -al-