WS500 sensors & REC BMS

• ahoy! I convinced myself that the balmar 618 was a waste of time and received the WS500 kit today.  I\'ve got a few questions around operating it in tandem with the REC BMS. From reading the Wakespeed Communications and Configuration Guide (pg. 9), it mentions that the WS500 will receive voltage, amperage, and temperature from the BMS, simplifying wiring.  So it sounds like the battery section of the harness can be skipped. Is it still good practice to connect these i.e. in the event of a BMS failure? Will they be necessary or used at all for the \"Get-Home\" function also described on pg. 9? Okay so guess it was just the one question :) Thanks all!

• In my opinion, you can allow the BMS to push out the battery temp but I would hardwire the current sensor in parallel with your Smart Shunt(just use a couple of ring connectors on the power wire lugs), or have a separate shunt on the alt. + on engines with larger alternators or when you just want to be able to monitor your alternator output.