WS500, Victron VE.Bus BMS V2

• Hi - I\'ve set up my system with a WS500, A Victron Cerbo GX and a Victron VE.Bus BMS V2.  The Cerbo is getting all the expected alternator information properly, but the WS500 is not slaving itself to the BMS.  The Cerbo shows the regulator is in \"Standalone\" mode.  As a result, even though my batteries are at 100% SOC and in float, the WS500 starts up and initiates an unwanted bulk charge/absorption cycle which I\'d like to avoid.  Have I missed something in the WS500 and/or Cerbo programming to get this all working together properly?

• I havent yet configured an all Victron to WS500 solution with the updated firmware and new Cerbo rev, but here are a couple of things to consider Do you have the correct WS500 profile for Victron BMS integration loaded?  Go to the wakespeed site to grab that if needed. I believe the WS500 is now supposed to be connected to the VE bus, instead of the BMS bus, need to confirm... Have you seen the new Victron docs on the WS500?  Refer to this announcement. https://www.offgridsoftwaresolutions.com/ws500-user-forum/topic/ws500-victron-integration-official-documentation/ Hope that gets you pointed in the right direction      

• Thanks Rick.  Yes, I started with the WS500/Victron BMS profile provided from the Wakespeed site.  I\'ve now started using the Android app for monitoring/control. I connected the WS500 to the cerbo via the VE.CAN interface using a custom cable.  I\'m seeing all the WS500 statistics on the Cerbo which leads me to believe that the interconnect is working properly. I\'ve read the Victron doc several times and believe I am conforming to their guidelines.  They are maddeningly vague about exactly which BMS\'s will work and under what circumstances. There is this section which mentions the lynx but isn\'t clear on whether it is the only supported BMS and actually infers otherwise:
    • State: the charging state of the WS500
      • Off when not charging
      • Bulk, Absorption or Float when the WS500 is using its own charging algorithm
      • External Control when controlled by a BMS such as Lynx Smart BMS
    • Network Status:
      • Standalone, if the regulator is working on its own
      • Group Master, when it is supplying charging targets to another WS500 device
      • Slave, when it is taking charging directions from another device such as a WS500 or a BMS

• The Cerbo will also recognize the REC BMS and a couple of Smart batteries, but I would expect your BMS to work.  Have you enabled DVCC in your Cerbo? Here are the instructions for connecting your REC BMS to be your Victron DC source.  There might be something here that helps Update GX device to 2.90 or higher. Connect BMS and GX device with CAN cable. Use BMS-Can port with Cerbo GX or VE-Can port with other GX devices. Open Settings menu and select Services. Set CAN-bus profile to CAN-bus BMS (500kbit/s) for Cerbo GX or VE.Can & CAN-bus BMS (250kbit/s) for other GX devices. Then in Settings menu select System setup. Change: - Battery monitor to REC BMS in CAN-bus. In menu DVCC: - DVCC→ON - SVS→ON - STS → ON GX device settings are automatically saved when you change it. Grid set point is not fixed value and can be modified for user needs. IMPORTANT: Always keep CAN communication connected to BMS when resetting inverters and chargers.

• So far as my knowledge goes, the VE-bms, only send a signal if a cell is too high or too low. And switch off the load or charge bus on this very high and low limits. It dont send any CVL or CCL level through DVCC. (If someone has other knowledge, please correct me when this is wrong)   The WS500 receive charge instruction CCL/CVL from the LYnx BMS according to manual, (not tested personally)  OR any BMS that give charger instruction through CAN-bus, like the REC-bms is doing. The signal from stop charging from the VE-bms can be used to stop the WS500 charging.   In your setup, the WS500, will not go to External control( or slave), like the Victron chargers are doing.      

• Ben is right, you will not get the VE.bus BMS V2 to sync to the WS500, as it does not send CAN bus data like REC BMS does. You will have to setup the WS500 with regular Lifepo4 charge profile.   But you can probably use the \"allow charge\" output of the Victron bms to control if the WS500 should shut down in an over voltage event, somehow.